Monday, March 30, 2009

Pram/Plough

I got run over today. But when I say 'run over' I really mean 'hit' because no vehicles actually went over me. And perhaps I should also mention that it wasn't a car, it was a pram.

It amazes me that people strap their children onto what is basically a plastic seat with wheels, and all of a sudden they feel invincible. They feel like they can plow through crowds, use it as an excuse to push past people waiting to get on trains, to kick people out of elevators. Fair enough, they have kids and we should accommodate for them. But, that said, they should still realise that it is indeed their precious offspring strapped to the front of these devices. No, you wouldn't attach your pet chihuahua to the front of your car. So indeed, why do you run at breakneck speed through crowds with the fruit of your loins at the front of a plough?

When I pointed this out to the angry bogan father who smashed into me, I was promptly told to mind my own fucking business. Point taken.

NB: Children were harmed in the writing of this blog.

0 comments: