Friday, September 18, 2009

Recovering Goth

I am Post-Goth. No, I'm not trying to say that I hunt down little baby Mansonites and shove them down mail boxes. I'm saying that I used to be goth.


When I was fifteen, I was the only girl on the Gold Coast who wore black velvet from head to foot in the scorching summer heat. I wore pentagram jewellery. Stripey socks. Massively extended eyeliner with little pretentious dots around my eyes. Stockings that are made to look like spider webs. All my mates wore pink Billabong summer dresses, coloured Havianas and striped bikinis. Needless to say, I didn't fit in.

Fast forward seven years. I'm not goth anymore, but I can't get over this habit of wearing copious amounts of black. Black skinny leg jeans. Black summer dresses. Black jackets. Black boots. All of my lingerie is black and lacey. I'm not a fan of PJs, but when I do wear them it's usually an oversized Joy Division tee-shirt. I simply cannot understand this concept of coloured clothing.

Thank fuck I live in Melbourne.


PS I found a photo that I was going to post with this as proof... but it was just way too embarrassing.
PPS I'm referring to the baby goth stage not the lacey intimates, you pervert.

0 comments: