Friday, January 15, 2010

Women + shoes = irrationality

Women are irrational. I occasionally work in a shoe store, and some of the things that I see and hear from my customers are mind boggling.

A customer came in not so long ago, looking for a pair of heels to go with a plaid suit. I found the a pair - the exact shade to bring out the colours in the fabric, the right size in stock, the customer thought they were uber comfortable and it was within her budget. She was buying them for a wedding and they were the perfect pair. The problem? It made her too tall.

I hear that a lot from really shy, conservative women around six feet or taller. But this woman was about five foot nothing. I was so tempted to ask if the wedding she was planning on wearing them to was for midgets.

But the customer is always right. Sigh.

0 comments: