Wednesday, March 31, 2010

He said what?

I was once talking to my ex on the phone about a year after we broke up, doing the whole "oh-so-what-are-you-up-to-now-not-that-I-care" spiel. This is what he said:

Ex-bf: Yeah, I dropped out of school. But it's okay, I work at a petrol station.
Me: Oh, okay.
Ex-bf: But it's all cool, I'm going to look for a new job in a while. You know, when I have time. I want to work in Politix (clothing store).
Me: Politics? Um, don't you need to have a degree or own a business or have quite a high profile in the community? Or be someone's bitch around election time?
Ex-bf: What? I don't think I even need to have finished school? I think I just have to look good.
Me: What? Are you serious?
Ex-bf: Are we talking about the same thing? I'm talking about the clothing store.
Me: Oh, I meant politics, like John Howard and Kevin Rudd.
Ex-bf: Pfft, politics? What a lame job.

1 comments:

Miss Bee said...

Paige! He was obviously a keeper.