Wednesday, May 19, 2010

No deal!

So I've been living in my gorgeous studio apartment for eight months now. As soon as I moved in I acquired one of those nifty televisions with a built-in DVD player... and by nifty I mean shit, so the player eventually broke.

Instead of having a redundant hunk of plastic in my apartment (that played neither DVDs or received television), I finally got around to actually plugging in the television cable after seven months. By the time it took me to get around to turning the damn thing on and tuning it, it was almost another month. And the first thing that blasted out of the tube* was that fucking Deal or No Deal program. I turned off my television and haven't touched it since.

I don't know if you can tell but I don't really like television.

* Technically, this is incorrect because it's a liquid crystal display, not a cathode ray tube... but hey, you didn't know that.

0 comments: