Sunday, June 27, 2010

Foot in mouth disease

I had an absolute facepalm moment the other day. The clothing store I work in is rather... antiquated. Who knows whether it's part of our indie-charm or the owners are a bit silly, but all of our inventory is hand written. We write up each sale on a sheet with detailed descriptions of every item (like, "red tulip skirt, pockets, black ribbon waist, back zip" kind of thing), and we fax this to head office every night. Yep, real high tech. Our restocking, staff purchase requests and transfers are all done the same way.

So I was working with this really awesome new girl, and she comes up to me with a purple jumper and asks, "Hey Paige, how would you describe this jumper?" Without thinking, I just blurted out, "UGLY!" and started laughing. Then I realised she was filling out a staff purchase request. Because she wanted to buy it for herself. Oops.

0 comments: