Monday, March 7, 2011

And one more for good measure

"Kids can be so cruel."

I have heard those words so many times, and have probably muttered them myself on many instances. Children can be so fucking mean sometimes... well, that's the excuse I'm using anyway to attempt to explain the many gaps in my personality.

But when you think about, sometimes kids are far kinder than adults. I remember in Primary One there was a girl with eleven fingers - one of her hands had two pinkies pretty much. I think I was six, and I asked her why she too many and she explained that one of her fingers was weak so the doctors decided to give her a spare finger just in case. I think I was just in awe of her excess in fingers, and during dinner that night I went home and asked my mum why I didn't have spare fingers.

From memory, my mother just scoffed and asked why anyone would want spare fingers. See? Kids are cool like that.

0 comments: