Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Anons and on and on and on

I recently discovered the blog of a past schoolmate (which I won't post because I'll seem like a creepy stalker which I'm not... I hope not anyway). In high school, I wasn't particularly good friends with this girl but definitely never had any gripes with her. She was one of the more super-rich, super-attractive girls - which is incredibly hard to do in a private girls' school full of beautiful specimens of the human species - and I was the weird Asian goth kid. So, you know.

It seems that this girl is still super-attractive, and has an absolutely fascinating blog full of pictures and posts of her super glamorous life. Good on her - I'm jealous. I want her wardrobe.

This missy's blog has an enviable amount of comments, mostly about her amazing fashion sense or her friends checking in. And then there are the haters. Anonymous, I should add, and ripping into everything from her personality or her lack thereof (apparent), her sexuality, her appearance, her lifestyle, her morals.

I think anonymous negative comments are so gutless. My mother used to say, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." I'm more inclined to disagree. If you can't say anything nice, at least have the spine to show your face and back up your opinions. And no, posting more anonymous comments to argue isn't really having a spine. It's just being a coward.

(Weirdly though, I'm a little green with envy because so many comments, negative or otherwise, means she has a lot of readers. I have only gotten two hateful spineless comments on this blog from an anonymous source(s) but I'm pretty sure I know of the person anyway. Not that I'm inviting more bitchiness here though...)

0 comments: