Sunday, July 10, 2011

Freelancing isn't so freeing

I've been incredibly lucky that I have managed to pick up a shit load of freelancing writing, publicity and marketing jobs over the past month. I seriously never thought I could actual find that many jobs (a few once-offs and two continually) on top of the writing I do for my blog, but I have some very lovely friends who spammed my resume out to friends and small businesses in need of help.

Hurray for money. I get paid to sit in my home office, bunny in lap, drinking chai teas while hammering away press releases. Writing shit on Facebook is part of my job. I can sleep in. I get to work in my jammies. There's no commute to work. My hourly rate is the highest it has ever been. I have all this spare time to do all the things I always said I wanted to do but didn't have the time to do (e.g. learn how to knit, do swing dancing classes, start jogging, write more songs).

But... I think I'm getting cabin fever and now I'm going to sleep at 4am and waking up at 2pm. I think I need to go and invest in a fancy espresso maker and a huge arse alarm clock. I can take that off my taxes as expenses, right?

0 comments: